Since 1999, Animals as Natural Therapy (ANT) has offered animal-guided mental & behavioral health programs for youth, veterans, families, & elders. Our work is based on the knowledge that animals can teach important life skills such as respect for self & others, healthy boundaries, self-management, empathy, and clear communication. Our approach utilizes EAGALA (Equine Assisted Growth & Learning), PATH (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship), and EAP (Equine Assisted Psychotherapy) techniques to uniquely address a variety of participant needs, including anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, and PTSD.
– Quarterly Group & Individual Youth Sessions (ages 8-18)
– Year-Round Group & Individual Veteran Sessions
– School Partnerships
– Summer Day Camp
– Mobile ANT ~ therapy animal visits to seniors, schools, & community/corporate events
– Young Adult & Adult Workshops
– New Horizons ~ partnership with Seamar Visions to support teens in drug & alcohol recovery
Animals as Natural Therapy is a PATH International Premier Accredited Center, ensuring adherence to the highest industry standards. Participants and their families can be sure that ANT prioritizes the safety of participants, volunteers and equines, and provides quality equine-assisted activities and therapies.
Animals as Natural Therapy operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Coast Salish Peoples. We celebrate and honor their lasting protection and care for these lands and waterways, which they have stewarded since Time Immemorial.