Become a Volunteer
“I’ve been an intern for three months and it’s hard to describe the impact it has had [on me]. I’ve seen the transformation of so many people’s lives through their interaction with the animals (my own included).” Program Intern
“I witnessed wonderful relationships built, a feeling of pride by the [youth] in their ability to help others, and an obvious joy in the residents in the process.” Mobile ANT Volunteer
“I have been a volunteer here for more than two years. It has been a superb learning experience working with the animals and wonderful staff. The programs and the animals teach about life and save lives. I highly recommend it.” Barn Volunteer
So you’re thinking about contributing to Animal as Natural Therapy’s mission to heal hearts and strengthen our community? Wonderful! Our volunteers play a vital role in the work we do. Please see below for our current positions, and contact us to determine if ANT is a good fit for your gifts. Ages 14 and younger must have a parent or adult present to participate.
Board of Directors
Please note: ANT is no longer available for court-mandated community service hours
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Click here to email our volunteer coordinator
- Prospective volunteers will be emailed a welcome packet & registration forms, and may be asked to complete an interview
- Those wishing to work with youth or animals must pass a background check ($19 fee)*
- Attend orientation & trainings
- If you are considering a position with the board, please call our Executive Director at (360) 671-3509
Volunteer Registration Packet (incomplete forms will not be considered)
*Please note – Animals as Natural Therapy requires an online background check for all those working in proximity to our participants or animals. Volunteers are responsible for the $19 fee, which is good for two years.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION – Required Reading