So you’re thinking about contributing to Animal as Natural Therapy’s mission to heal hearts and strengthen our community? Wonderful! We always welcome new volunteers to ANT! Our volunteers play a vital role in the work we do and ANT has a variety of volunteer opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: AT THIS TIME, ANT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR JUVENILE COURT MANDATED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS. THANK YOU.
These are a few areas where we generally need volunteers:
- Chores: Basic daily farm upkeep
- Animal Care: Grooming, feeding, scooping manure
- Mentoring: Pairing with & guiding participants in our youth programs
- Events: Help plan or assist the day of
- Repairs: Always something to fix
- Web/Computers: Site upkeep and troubleshooting
- Office Work: Data entry and newsletter mailing, etc
- Board of Directors: Help ANT grow and serve our community
Steps for volunteering:
- Contact our volunteer coordinator regarding the type of volunteering you wish to do
- Complete paperwork and on-line background disclosure (required paperwork is below)
- Attend a volunteer orientation (held quarterly)
- To be a program volunteer, attend specialized training for animal chores, horse handling, & youth mentoring
Volunteer Registration Packet (incomplete forms will not be considered).
Please note – Animals as Natural Therapy requires an online background check for all volunteers working in proximity to our participants (includes Mentoring programs and Mobile ANT).
If you are considering a position with the board, please call our Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director at (360) 671-3509.