So you’re thinking about contributing to Animal as Natural Therapy’s mission to heal hearts and strengthen our community? Wonderful! Our volunteers play a vital role in the work we do and ANT has a variety of volunteer opportunities. Please see below for our current positions, and contact us to determine if ANT is a good fit for your gifts. ANT volunteers age 14 and younger must have a parent or adult present to participate.
- Mentoring: Guiding participants in our youth programs (Fall, Winter, Spring sessions; Summer Day Camp)
- Events: Help plan and facilitate quarterly events & fundraisers
- Mobile ANT: Families bring small animals to visit elders in the community
- Board of Directors: Help ANT grow and serve our community
- PLEASE NOTE: ANT is no longer available for court-mandated community service hours. Thank you.
“I have been a volunteer here for more than two years. It has been a superb learning experience working with the animals and my wonderful bosses, most of whom are young enough to be my grandchildren. The programs and the animals teach about life and save lives. I highly recommend it.” Barn Volunteer
Steps for volunteering:
- Click here to email our volunteer coordinator (Please note this position is part-time and response may be delayed)
- Prospective volunteers will be emailed a welcome packet & registration forms, and may be asked to complete an interview
- Attend a volunteer orientation & specific trainings (if applicable)
- If you are considering a position with the board, please call our Executive Director at (360) 671-3509
“I witnessed wonderful relationships built, a feeling of pride by the [youth] in their ability to help others, and an obvious joy in the residents in the process.” Mobile ANT Volunteer
Volunteer Registration Packet (incomplete forms will not be considered)
Please note – Animals as Natural Therapy requires an online background check for all volunteers working in proximity to our participants (includes mentoring programs and Mobile ANT)