So you’re thinking about contributing to Animal as Natural Therapy’s mission to heal hearts and strengthen our community? Wonderful! We always welcome new volunteers to ANT! Our volunteers play a vital role in the work we do and ANT has a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Volunteering is a great way to complete your service learning or community service! Please note that we do not accept community service hours for theft, assault, or molestation. Minimum requirement: 30 hours.
These are a few areas where we generally need volunteers:
- Chores: Basic daily farm upkeep
- Animal Care: Grooming, feeding, scooping, connecting
- Mentoring: Pairing with & guiding participants in our youth programs
- Events: Help plan or assist the day of
- Repairs: Always something to fix
- Web/Computers: Site upkeep and troubleshooting
- Office Work: Data entry and newsletter mailing, etc
- Board of Directors: Help ANT grow and serve our community
Steps for volunteering:
- Contact our volunteer coordinator, (Betty), regarding the type of volunteering you wish to do.
- Complete paperwork and on-line background disclosure (required paperwork is below)
- Attend a volunteer orientation (half day offered three times a year)
- To be a program volunteer, attend specialized training for animal chores, horse handling, & youth mentoring.
If you are considering a position with the board, please call our Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director at (360) 671-3509.